COMING SOON: 

A new blog about my art and life in general!



Ward Love

Comments

  1. Artist’s Statement

    I mostly paint in acrylics now, but have worked in oils, tempura, watercolor of many types, inks, pencil, photography, sculpture (mostly clay and wood), applied art (such as decorated skulls), clothing design, stage costume and set design, etc. I have been commissioned to produce murals - which I hated and never did again! I paint, mostly landscapes these days (I admit to some non-representational works) - many related to familiar scenes “ . . . From The Peaks to The Plains . . . “, including our Greater Southwest, and south into Central America - and some interesting mountains that I had seen around the world. Through the years I have signed my work using a number of forms of my given name - and hundreds of (what I always considered practice pieces sold in tourist businesses using “noms des arte.”

    I often use broad swaths of intense color to get my point across. During the last few years, I have begun near-to-full silhouette sunrises and sunsets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment